Increase Prayer Shield, Decrease Worry – 6/18/15
Dear friends of Come Rest,
· The world may see the shootings in Charleston as racial hate, but we believe it is also a deeper attack from the enemy upon the Body of Christ to divide and intimidate deeply committed believers, leaders, and prayer warriors.
· Please continue to spread the Psalm 64 “prayer shield” by praying Psalm 64 aloud daily over all true followers of Jesus in your region and inviting other believers in your sphere of influence to do the same.
· We believe the Holy Spirit is telling us to pray Psalm 64 over the Body of Christ through June 30 and await directions.
· Check in on spiritual leaders, spouses, and families—as well as the prayer warriors in your churches and ministries. Prayer warriors need prayer covering too! Surprise them with kindness and generosity.
· Meditate upon and consider memorizing Psalm 64 and declaring it aloud in prayer over your family.
· Ask for divine appointments to pray for, and encourage people, with Psalm 64!
· Also, we believe the Holy Spirit is reminding us to live Matthew 6:25-34 & Matthew 11:28-30 even as we keep praying Psalm 64. It can be intense when spiritual warfare continues. We need to take the Lord so seriously that we do not take ourselves too seriously! In Matthew 6,Jesus reminds us to not worry about what will happen to us; to walk with Him in considering the birds and flowers; to focus on His kingdom and His righteousness. If we focus on Jesus and His business, He will take care of ours! The way to fight the devil is to not fight with the devil but to walk with Jesus. In Matthew 11, Jesus invities us to Come to Him. Take His Yoke. Learn from Him. This means to daily surrender your burdens, surrender control, and surrender your undivided attention to Jesus.
· I am now meditating upon Matthew 6:25-34, beginning to memorize it—and most importantly—taking a deep breath and actually doing it. The Lord is helping gain His peaceful perspective and He will do that for you as well.
So lighten up and brighten up even as you lift up prayers in spiritual warfare! Jesus reigns, lives in you, and is interceding in prayer for you! When you walk with Him you can enjoy life with Him in this world even while you prepare to live in the next.
We love and bless you all !
Dick and Kim Speight
Pastor Dick Speight has been writing what God puts on his heart for years. This blog is a way for Pastor Dick to comunicate with you what God has been communicating with him. Sometimes these blogs are encouraging, other times they are convicting, but it is the hope of Come Rest ministries that you will always find these blogs edifying and that God would take glory in them.
If you would like to recieve this blog via email, please contact Pastor Dick Speight himself to be added to the email list.